The following methods meet the ZIP Code accuracy standard:
- For computerized lists, Coding Accuracy Support System (CASS)-certified address matching software and current USPS City State Product, within a mailer's computer systems or through an authorized service provider.
- For manually maintained lists or small computerized lists, options include the following:
- Surveys of addressees on mailer's address list inquiring about the accuracy of ZIP Code information.
- Any mailing list service in 507.8.0.
- An authorized service provider.
- CASS-certified matching software.
- USPS Web site www.usps.com.
The mailer's signature on the postage statement certifies that the ZIP Code accuracy standard has been met for each address in the corresponding mailing presented to the USPS.